I might be biased, but I think my kid is pretty funny. He got more than his fair share of personality, and now that he has lots of words to express his thoughts, he keeps me laughing & also shaking my head. Here are a few of his funnies from the past few months. I’m trying to make a note to write them down and/or blog them so I can
embarrass him show him in the future.
1. He calls dinosaurs, “dineys”. While singing Twinkle, Twinkle:
“Up above da world so high, like a diney in the sky!”
I’m not sure if he just can’t pronounce the word “diamond” or if he actually thinks the song is about a star that looks like a dinosaur.
2. One morning I hear this coming through the baby monitor:
“Moooommmmmy. Mooooommmmy. Get me out!!! Get me out, Mommy!”
Obviously, he was ready to get out of his crib.
3. (His L’s sound like W’s, and also, he refers to himself by one of his nicknames, Linky. I don’t know if Lincoln is too tough to say or maybe he has chosen his favorite nickname already.) I walk into his room to get him out of bed:
“Hiiiiii!!! I’m Winky!”
Yes, I believe we have met before. No need for the formal introductions.
4. While watching a video of himself on Mike’s iPhone:
“It’s Winky! Awwww, it’s cute!”
Not lacking in self confidence.
5. After hugging & kissing his cousin:
“Awwwww, I’m sweet!”
That one if one of my personal favorites. I need to capture it on video for the full effect.
6. He knows all of his colors, but one day, a friend pointed to something that was brown & asked him what color it was:
That’s my boy.
7. He climbed up on something he’s not supposed to be on, so I asked him, “Lincoln, are you supposed to be up there?”:
“Uhhhh, I think so?”
No, no you’re not.
8. And finally, he was sitting on his buddy Dana’s lap when she realized he had soaked through a diaper & was now getting her pants wet. As he noticed her getting grossed out:
“I didn’t mean to.”
Said very matter-of-factly and with a little disgust directed at her, like he didn’t know why she was blaming him.
And a few Instagrams from my phone last month.